I had so many goals at the beginning of this year….
I was going to read 75 books, run the Chicago Marathon (ya know, with people,) audition for a Chicago tv show, lose all the weight I had put on during my depression, the list goes on and on. Then I got off of a cruise ship (another goal was to take a vacation with my partner for the first time in 4 years that I luckily got to achieve) and all of a sudden the world stopped.
3 months went by without looking at my goals. I figured, this years a wash, why bother? Then I met with my therapist, ah my therapist. She had me sit down with all of my goals and find a way to make them work. Some I’d have to discard of course. I can’t force the Chicago Marathon to happen, but I can do it on my own. I don’t have the time any more to read 75 books, but what about 50? Even 20? Maybe I don’t have the ability to pay off as much of my debt as I want to but maybe there are other savings goals I have.
Here’s a look at what my 2020 goals were for the year:
- Run the Chicago half marathon and the Chicago marathon.
- Audition for one of the Chicago television shows.
- Andrew and I take our first vacation together.
- Read 75 books.
- Pay off ___ in debt.
- Shed weight I gained during my rough patch.
- Write first draft of play.
- Complete 1 year of Therapy.
- Be able to do 100 push ups in a row.
- Grow my Youtube channel to 100 subscribers.
- Grow my instagram to 2,000 followers to drive traffic to my blog.
- Reach 300 followers on my blog.
Some of these goals I’ve accomplished which is awesome! Some – I didn’t stand a chance with COVID. Mostly due to a lack of motivation. You know, the pandemic blues. So I revamped my goals and realized I could actually make them more actionable.
Here’s what my goals look like now:
- Run a half marathon ✔️ and a marathon… solo!
- Send headshot/resume and note to casting remind them all I still exist and while I’m focusing on other ventures now, I still have my toes in the acting business.
- Andrew and I take our first vacation together. ✔️
- Read 30 books.
- Meet with a financial coach/Educate myself on my finances.
- Create meal plans weekly and stick to them till the end of the year to help shed/maintain my sadness weight. (That’s what I like to call weight you gain when you’re all depressed.)
- Write 2 scenes of a play, even if they’re shitty.
- Complete 1 year of Therapy ✔️
- Be able to do 30 pushups in a row.
- Post a video every Sunday, be consistent.
- Follow bloggers on instagram, join a community.
- Consistently post on my blog twice a week and use instagram and Pinterest to promote.
Even if I accomplish nothing else this year, I still checked off 3 goals from this list which, if I do say so myself – is impressive, and enough. Especially for this year. Wow. F*** this year right?
So take another crack at them I say. You might be surprised to know you accomplished more than you thought, you created more actionable goals than you intended or some goals aren’t as important to you anymore as they were before this crazy year.
I hope this helps you! Go forth and be goal oriented. It can’t hurt.
Self care, self flare.